3.24.2013

My DIY No-Sew Curtains

Curtains are an easy way to add color and fun to a room.  Especially to the kitchen where it can be hard to infuse personality.  But one thing I don't love about them is how expensive they can be.  I've been wanting to try to make my own curtains for a while so after obsessing over fabrics, I decided to try it out.

Since I don't have the patience or a sewing machine, I decided to use hemming tape instead.  My basic tools included:

1.  Hemming Tape
2. Curtain rod & clips
3. Fabric



I knew I wanted the curtains to hang from the ceiling to the floor so I ordered seven yards of fabric to be safe.  Once it finally arrived (after being on back order forrevverr) the whole process was pretty easy.  I laid out the fabric to measure it and cut the panels.  After hemming the edges, I used ring clips to hang the fabric off the rod.



Not the best picture- the lighting is tricky in this room.  I still have to hem the bottoms but overall I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment