3.27.2013

New Kitchen Chairs

It's high time we get a new set of chairs for our kitchen dining area.  I'm thinking of only getting two for a couple reasons: First, we rarely, if ever, eat our meals in the kitchen.  And second, we already have bar stools at the kitchen island which we can use should we ever need additional seating.  I've also always wanted a banquette in the kitchen and have been trying to convince the husband we can DIY one using Ikea cabinets (which isn't going too well).  So the banquette idea is TBD but we still desperately need chairs.  The ones we have now are Ikea Granas chairs which are several years old and have been painted over once too many times.  So after some heavy online window shopping, here are my favorites:


White Kitchen Chairs

1. Love love love this chair but I was hoping for a chair where I can use a chair pad so I can add some color to break up the yellow and brown in the curtains and rug.  It's also the most expensive out of the bunch.

2.  I was really drawn to these the moment I saw them.  I love their uniqueness and the reviews have said they are comfortable unless you're sitting for an extended period of time (which isn't likely in our case).  They will also work well with a seat cushion.

3. Can't beat the price on this chair.  Nice, clean and modern.

4. I've always liked this chair- it adds a nice vintage feel.  It's also nice and small so will fit nicely on our 5x8 rug.

5. Ghost chairs are always something I've wanted to use somewhere in our new house.  I'm just not sure if the kitchen is the best place for them?

6. I like the modern look to these chairs- not sure how comfortable they are.

All of these chairs are pretty reasonably priced but I can't decide on my favorite.  For reference, the chairs we go with will likely be paired with the Docksta table from Ikea:

 

Which is your favorite?

1 comment: