12.03.2012

My Obsession with Navy- the Powder Room

I'm probably one of the last people to jump on this train but I've been loving black painted rooms.  When we moved into this house, I thought our powder room would be a good place to try it.  However, our powder room doesn't have any natural light so I thought black would be too harsh.  Instead I went for navy, another color I've been obsessed with.

Next came obsessing over which shade of navy to paint it.  I finally settled on Bold Blue by Benjamin Moore and got it color matched using Glidden Paint at Home Depot.  Here how's it turned out.




It took me a little while to get used to it but I have to say, I'm loving it. It actually came out a little lighter than I was hoping but I think now it's a good choice.  It shows off the white accents nicely and now I'm trying to add extra pops of color.  I got the green and blue chevron rug from Home Goods but still need to add wall art.  Any suggestions for added extra decor?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by Anne. I'm happy to have you. Our powder room was also our first project. It's coming along nicely as is yours. I like that you were brave enough to try a bold color. It turned out so beautiful and sophisticated :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie and thank you also for stopping by!

      Delete