1.04.2013

Stripes & Houndstooth?

In designing our new living room and going off the board I posted yesterday, I've been trying to find a rug that will match with everything but still be practical, easy to clean and look stylish.  I considered several trellis rugs but I felt none looked right.  I then turned my attention to something different-


I found this rug from Rugs USA and I was drawn to the silvery-grey color of it.  After reading the reviews, several of them said that the stripes are more of a taupe color but with silver high-lights in it.  I did a quick mock up of what it would look like:


What are your thoughts? I don't know if it's too much with the houndstooth? I'm also not sure if my heart is set on houndstooth (I may go for a black and white plaid instead) but still...any thoughts, suggestions, etc are welcome :)

Sources: sectional, chair,
ottoman, chandelier, rug

No comments:

Post a Comment